Friday, November 9, 2012

A Day, If You're Interested

As I write this, I am on the tail end of a reasonably eventful day. To begin with, I had my first Toastmasters meeting following my victory in a humorous speech contest. It's a lovely feeling to be the recipient of a lot of love and good will, and cake and gifts will do that for you. I was very proud of myself after the meeting for successfully transporting a piece of said cake on the back of my bicycle without any mishap in the process.

In the evening, there was an improv performance. It went reasonably well, and I credit myself with some of the good as well as the bad. I think that portraying a bartender working at a museum bar is enough to wash away plenty of sins. I'll admit that eating a giant bacon cheeseburger shortly before the performance may not have been my wisest decision, but it ultimately seemed to do no harm. It even may have helped by slowing down my thought process (and probably my heart functions).

Upon my return home, I recalled vague intentions to go see some friends play some rock music down the street, so I made my way there and enjoyed some loud, boisterous music. I stayed longer than I ought to have, but it seemed to work out adequately well. It's important to me that I support the people I believe in, in any case, and if I stay out too late in the process it's all right. I really did have a good time there.

Walking home there was a rather singular experience. I was whistling, as is my wont. The particular song was "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" by the Shirelles. Maybe I ought not have been doing that at such a late hour, but I was. It was a main road anyway, and I stopped once I turned onto my residential street. The point is that a car stopped at the red light could hear me when I crossed the street, and the woman in the car called out to me something like "Don't ever change." That capped off the evening nicely, and I returned home to conduct some business before going to bed.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Oh, that is beautiful! You have something rare... A beautiful soul!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?