Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Playing Games

The last time I was back home, I was advised that I ought to go through those possessions of mine that remained in my parents' house. The ordeal of it did not appeal to me, but it proved to be a worthwhile experience. There were many memories which came back to the surface as I extracted box after box from the crowded spare room where it all has been since I moved away. These were all the items deemed non-essential at that time.

I rather regret not grabbing some things a long time ago. One of them was my beloved Nintendo 64. I went as far with video games as to buy the Xbox 360, but it got to the point of collecting dust, and I sold it several years ago. The 64 I bought on the day it was first sold. I lined up, got my number and played it enthusiastically until it became obsolete. I kept it even after that. I'm pleased that it survived to this point.

Of course I had to bring it with me when I came upon it there in that spare room. I'm getting back into it. It's a thing of nostalgia, somewhat. I do still have an urge to play video games though, I find. For whatever reason, only three of my old games were there in the box. Two of them were football games from the same franchise, but from different years. The third is a game which I never really played. Those football games just seem to make me mad.

I am eager, therefore, to have some other games to play soon. They come rather cheaply these days, although they can be very expensive if factory sealed. God only knows why that would be, but it's so. I don't suppose I'll have too much time to play the games, but here and there I think it will be fun to add them into the mix of reading and watching movies. Maybe they won't bring me into the mainstream like current video games would, but that's my way.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?