Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Tops

At a Christmas party a bit ago, I made the acquaintance of a lady in a particular hat. Consultation of a picture from the party reminds me that it was either blue or blue-gray. Somehow, in the midst of a conversation relatively early in the party, the lady offered to let me wear it. I don't think that I made any request. I think it was a case of me making some compliment about the hat (for lack of anything else to say) and her offering it.

Being the lively spirit that I am, I agreed to try it on. That led to me wearing it for the duration of the evening. The aforementioned picture is of me wearing it. It was said during the party that I looked very good in it. I don't know how much I ought to trust that snap assessment, because we were all drinking. I do get complimented from time to time for hats that I wear, although I seldom wear hats anymore.

I used to wear hats more regularly, but this was when I had short hair. I was fine with wearing a hat because there was nothing of consequence to get mussed up by wearing it. I started to get away from hats in the last few years, during which time I have let my hair grow out. The fitted caps are maybe not such a good fit anymore, and the other hats muss up my hair. I'm reluctant to wear any hats again much.

I could do it, maybe. Ball caps are about all I ever wore, but maybe another sort of hat would work all right. The hat that I had on at the party wasn't too bad on my hair. I remember liking the idea of a stovepipe hat when "Gangs Of New York" came out, and I could maybe do that. I think it's a workable look when I wear a captain hat, but that's no good for my hair. I don't know. I guess I don't have to decide it now. I'll get it soon enough.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

With hats, either you have it or you don't. I have never been able to pull off a good look with one though it's like my singing...I love to sing but have no talent!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?