Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Return

As you read this, I am in Las Vegas. As I am writing it, I can only anticipate what the trip, for leisure purposes, will be like. If I remember correctly, I have not been there since I was fairly young. I think I might have been a young teenager or even less at the time, and I obviously did not partake of too many experiences unique to the city. This was at a time when there was a developing effort to create family-friendly options, for whatever reason.

I don't quite recall much of what I did. I remember unwittingly commandeering a cabana by the pool in the place where we were staying. As my sister and I watched cartoons, an employee of the establishment came to shoo us away, and we learned that one had to pay for the privilege. I think it may have been the Hard Rock Hotel. I also recall at some points  staying at Excalibur and Circus Circus. We never stayed at the Luxor, where I wanted to be.

I recall a little tour through some part of the Luxor that was supposed to be educational. I did very well at answering the various historical questions posed by the guide, so it must not have been a very in-depth tour. Anyway, it was a good time. Outside of that, I don't remember what we did. I remember missing the amusement park rides, and not seeing any shows outside of the impromptu performances that happened all day long at Circus Circus.

What I do on this trip will be different, I suppose, but I doubt whether I'll have enough time to get in real trouble. There's to be some kind of big buffet dinner, and I heard about a magic show that I may or may not get to. I don't mean to gamble, but I would like to do something except for watch television. Maybe there'll be some show or another. Maybe I'll just walk around and see what's changed. If anything good happens, I'll say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?