Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Trauma!

I had written out a whole other post, and was not entirely happy with it, as it was very much like more than one other previous one. I felt lousy about the idea that I was repeating myself like some terrible bore, but knew I had other things to do and was at a loss for something original. I was not about to go out and try to find inspiration, so I seemed stuck with what I had. I sighed and resigned myself to it before showering.

There was to be found something fresh! Now, I had been courting disaster by working down some of my toiletry items down to the last remnants, including my soap and toothpaste. As of this writing, the soap was gone, leaving me to brave some liquid body soap. The toothpaste was holding out. Still in question was my conditioner. There had been plenty the day before, and I knew there wasn't none. Would there be enough?

There surely was not. I was horrified, and resolved to cobble together an adequate amount with some other old bottles lying around. No dice. I leavened what I had with some shampoo, but knew it would not do the job. If you come across me today, I wouldn't run your fingers through my hair for all the tea in China: you're sure to lose them. Well, that is what I get for putting off a trip to the store to replenish my supplies.

Making matters worse, I had myself a sneezing fit in the shower, with each percussive burst sending me back to square one in my cleaning ministrations. I exited the shower not exactly refreshed or recharged, having accomplished little except that I didn't smell bad anymore. I'm not much for showering twice in one day, but if I could lay my hands on the right materials to do it properly, I very easily could in this instance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?