Sunday, March 17, 2013

All Day Today

Today I'll content myself with a simple recap of events. As I write this, I am coming down from the third of three major events which composed my Saturday. The first was improv practice. It was good, but different on account of having a substitute coach. That was an uncomfortable experience, but discomfort is often a good sign of growth. It isn't always, but it felt so this time. The coach was going my way after, and so we talked all the way back on the subway.

Shortly after that, there was a standup comedy show held at a nearby hot dog restaurant. This was the second such show, and it was as good as the first. I had a nice Polish sausage, soda and fries. They went decently with the show. I often got preoccupied by my friend, who I repeatedly tried to pickpocket, and also by a cute woman who works at the restaurant. One never knows how to perceive signs from someone who has a professional interest in making you like them.

The third event was a St. Patrick's Day party. Of course, today is that holiday, but it's tough to drink heavily all Sunday night and be productive. For once, I am not the sole person concerned with leaving the possibility of a productive day after the party intact. I had a good time, talked to people and didn't drink too heavily. On the basis of those three points, I would have to regard it as a successful night out, and a good day overall.

As you read this, I am in all probability with a friend, with whom I am writing songs. She plays the ukulele, and I play nothing, but I like to think that I have a tolerable way with words and am often able to rhyme them without the aid of a dictionary organized for that purpose. There is a certain pleasure to measuring, tossing and turning words until the right combination in the right order emerges. There is also a certain pleasure to spending time with said friend. I expect a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?