Saturday, March 23, 2013

What?

Last night I saw something that made me angry. Let me paint the scene. I had just been to a cool variety show at a nearby lounge. I was wearing a proper suit, which is a real sight to see, but not the salient one here. Upon reaching my apartment with my friends, I declared that I was going to the grocery store and we parted ways. I walked on, and after I'd gotten a little way, some high winds kicked up. I started getting hit with sand, and struggled to keep it out of my eyes.

I kept going, resolving to go home another way so as to avoid the sand and the unbroken winds. When I crossed the street and was nearly at the grocery store, I saw the thing I've been building up to. There was a man on the other side of that street, on the grounds of the drugstore. Of all things, he was operating a leaf-blower! You can't imagine the confusion and anger that seized my mind at that time, threatening the exceptionally good mood I'd built up.

I had spent the day leading up to that variety show acting for money. That in itself is enough that practically nothing could ruin my happiness. I was quite tired upon finishing that, but the variety show (which included music, burlesque, cabaret, magic and comedy) energised me and keep the good feelings flowing. There were free drinks, and the show was a blast. I was sure that nothing could upset me in the waning hours of the day.

This guy managed to upset me severely for about five minutes. I credit myself with Herculean mental strength, because I cooled down as I approached the store and started thinking about what I'd be buying. Still, I can't fathom what could possess a man to do anything with a leaf-blower in a windstorm. I guess some people just get a set idea of what they have to do, and there is not a thing that can dissuade them from their path.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?