Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Steaks

A little while back, I received a gift from my dear mother in the form of some steaks. They were a mixed assortment, some being beef, some pork and some chicken. I was delighted to get them, of course. They came in two parcels, the first arriving in my absence. I was somewhat startled to see the large styrofoam cooler in the refrigerator, and extracted the steaks in order to move them to the freezer. The second box came later, and while I haven't eaten the steaks, I have made use of the boxes.

I have had, you'll recall, some difficulty with any food that entails a lot of preparation. Currently the most sophisticated thing I'm eating is sandwiches, followed by spaghetti. Those are not complicated. To me, a steak is a rather involved process. To make it delicious and safe, you have to cook it for so long, and neither longer nor shorter. Figuring that is just a little more brain power than I would like to use, honestly.

You'll probably tell me that no, cooking a steak is not lots of hard work. It may even be a pleasurable experience to you. Certainly that's how it winds up looking whenever someone is grilling a steak in a TV show or movie. For me, it's not like that. It's accepted that social activities like attending parties are hard for some people, so why does it come off as implausible that cooking steaks could be a problem for anyone?

In life we grow and change. For now the cooking of a steak is a trying experience, but I feel sure that I can get better. As I have several of the steaks, I can surely get some momentum out of a steak-cooking and eating routine. I find routines very helpful in that regard. It is just necessary to get going. The anxiety of doing something is invariably diminished once you're in the thing that you fear. I just have to get in these steaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?