Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pizza With Chemicals And Additives

The other day, I was doing some quick grocery shopping before going out to catch a late movie with friends. I often like to pick up something ready to eat (or nearly so) to have first thing after I get home, and there are a few options that I look to on that. One is a sandwich. Others include burritos and chicken, but on this recent occasion, I went another way. Specifically, I bought a frozen pizza. This one was supposed to be one of the good ones.

Indeed, it was better than most, and came at not too dear a price. Whimsically, I picked the Hawaiaan- style one instead of something more conventional. I wish I had not done so, although in the short term I was not sorry for my choice. The pizza was pretty good, with the pineapple and ham holding up fairly well. I had a couple slices, but then put away the rest for later. I figured by the end of the night I'd be ready for more.

I should note that we did a fair amount of drinking in concert with this movie-going excursion. The movie, "Snitch", was not the worst, but under the circumstances, I was kind to it well in excess of what it deserved. We came home and continued the fun a little more, but then I went upstairs. I'm afraid that I found I'd overdone it, and was briefly a bit ill. At some point I hoped to settle my stomach by eating something.

I got out what remained of the pizza, and here's where I wish I had just gotten pepperoni or something. Just looking at it made me feel a little sicker, and I had to put it back. This was repeated in the morning, when I was still in no condition to face the pizza. Let that be a lesson to you: give some consideration to what your wishes may be in the future when you have foreknowledge of what state you will be in. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?