Friday, June 21, 2013

New Tack City

A while back, I came by a jigsaw puzzle of "Forbidden Planet" (which is a great old scifi classic, and an artifact from the long era in which Leslie Nielsen played serious roles). The way I got the puzzle is to be found in some old post here, and I believe that a subsequent post outlines difficulties I'd had in getting going on assembling it. I was at the time eager to find someone with whom to assemble the thing.

I'm beginning to wonder if the puzzle will ever be assembled if I insist on having someone to do it with. There was a woman who expressed interest, but somehow those plans did not come to fruition, and this was a long time ago, to say nothing of how long ago the original acquisition of the puzzle was. We're talking several years here, I think. All that time the puzzle box has just been sitting around decorating my place.

I wonder if I oughtn't look for a different sort of opportunity. I was looking for someone to do the puzzle with, and people are hard to nail down. There are other conditions that make for the right time to do a puzzle other than someone being there, and it strikes me that assembling jigsaw puzzles is very much a rainy-day type activity. Now, Los Angeles doesn't have too many rainy days, but perhaps that is my time.

If neither personal proximity nor weather prove to lead me to do this puzzle, I'm really going to have to think drastically. I don't have any ideas right now, but as I'm going to give the rain plan some time to work, that will give me lots of time to come up with a plan C. I'm soliciting ideas, so if you have one, please let me know. This puzzle is just a burning example of chronic problem I have in seeing things through, and while I've gotten better at that, the puzzle reminds me of what a way I have to go. Obviously it has to be vanquished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?