Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Dream Left For Dead

I have a legal pad and a pencil by my bed most nights, just in case something comes to me. That way, I don't lose it while scrambling for some other means of recording it. I could use my phone, I suppose, but I figure the legal pad is more fool-proof a method. I can decipher hand-writing made worse by sleepiness or something else, but I could have more trouble typing out something under such conditions instead of writing it by hand.

Sometimes I don't manage to get it down by any means. There was a dream a number of days ago that was barely a wisp by the time I woke up. To have attempted writing it down would have been foolish, since there were no words to capture what little I remembered, which was not even as much as feelings, colors or shapes. It was more that I remembered remembering something than that I remembered anything.

A couple nights ago, I had a dream that stuck well enough that it didn't need the legal pad, although it was maybe less interesting than what might have been with the other one. It amounted to relatively little. I just dreamed that a student film I'd made years ago had suddenly sky-rocketed to prominence online. Of course, I did upload it to the very places where that would happen, but it has yet to catch on very well, I will charitably say.

I don't quite know what that dream must mean. It may simply be the rare dream that may be taken entirely at face value. I'd love for something of mine to become very popular online, whether it be a video, a tweet or anything else. The dream maybe signifies a yearning for attention or validation. Anyway, it's one that I would just as soon have forgotten, having in it no especially dream-like elements. I wish the things I leave out of the legal pad died automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?