Thursday, July 4, 2013

I Saw It & I'm Not Sorry

I got out to the cheap theater again last night, and this time it was to see "GI Joe: Retaliation". My friends and I went at my suggestion, although I was motivated by the high level of interest displayed by one of those friends. At the last minute, I expressed a sudden eagerness to see "Fast & Furious 6", but this did not meet with any particular approval, and so we remained with original plan. That was fine too.

Hitting the theater on a Tuesday makes it even cheaper. The tickets are $1.50 apiece, and so that makes it very reasonable to get some refreshments. I believe I spent $6.50 on a ticket, a soda and two hot dogs, and that's pretty good in my book. I'm so well-disposed to like a movie at that point that it's practically a slam-dunk. I'm out very little except for my time if the movie is really that bad. I don't think I've truly been disappointed there.

The film was mostly enjoyable. It was dumb, overly complicated and riddled with bad dialogue and curious plotting, but I enjoyed it tremendously, in spite of the fact that I had previously been dead-set against the film. The first one had been so bad as to defy description, and then I'd heard they were making the second one as a sort of apology. My attitude was "Apology not accepted", because I'm insulted that they would try foisting trash on me before trying hard.

Anyway, it was a fun outing, and I'm eager to once again return for that "Fast 6". I do hope that I can persuade my friends to join me for that one, because their company is much of what makes it a good experience. I just can't bear to go to movies alone anymore. I used to do that all the time when I was younger and bereft of friends, but now that I have a good number of them, I'll wait instead of going alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?