Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Wave Of Possessions

Some friends of mine have moved out of my apartment building. This has made me very sad, as we were able to spend so much time together in the last couple years. They've become very close to me, and while none moved out of time, some are further than others and I will surely see them less. Still, I will see them all, and anyway I must try to look on the whole thing in some kind of positive light. Maybe I'll make other friends in the building.

Also I will note that I have acquired a number of the possessions that my friends cut loose as they sought to become lean, mean moving machines, not the least of which is a Blu Ray player that will go very nicely with the HD television I got recently. This was a necessity, because any video format less than that looks just awful on a nice flatscreen television. I will have to guard against spending too much time with it.

I have also picked up a whole lot of glassware. I'm not sure if we lacked for drinking vessels, but we now have enough for my two roommates and myself to drink about five or six things apiece all at the same time. Unless we actually do that, I'm not sure if there was any point in taking on all that clutter, frankly. We could also just have more friends over for dinner, parties and such, but it's the spectacular that appeals to me.

Apart from the entertainment center I got to replace the old one I had in my room, the neatest new item is the microwave. We'd had this old fake wood-paneled unit that was huge and terribly inconsistent. It could heat anything to dangerous temperatures, but couldn't cook a bag of popcorn to save its life, if that makes any sense. We may be paying a steep price in accepting all this clutter, but I think it'll prove to be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?