Friday, August 23, 2013

Hollered At

I'm reluctant to brag, always fearing that others will perceive it from me in the same way that I perceive it when it comes from others, which is to say not kindly. On the other hand, I really do like attention, and I do telling people about the good things that happen to me. I just try to keep it to the things that most warrant it. I like to think that people will hear me out on such things if I have a good track record on all that.

Yesterday something happened that in my eyes was rather remarkable. Other people might disagree, and maybe this kind of thing happens a lot to some of them, but for me it remains a novelty. I was walking down the street in Hollywood, already feeling proud of having resolved something at the DMV. Minutes after that, I hear raised voices coming from the road. I've gotten used to friends spotting me while driving around, so I thought it was that.

It was not. It was, in fact, a pair of women I didn't know hooting and hollering at me. I was rather stunned. I was incredibly flattered, of course. These women were exceptionally easy on the eyes, and when they'd driven off I felt about a thousand feet tall. I don't know quite what it would be about me that drew their attention, unless it's my hair. I've got all this curly hair, and it's about the only thing that I figure would have been easily seen from the street like that.

Naturally I spent the rest of the day telling the world, and I hope I'm not judged harshly for that. After all, it's not a daily occurrence. Stuff slightly like that has happened before, like when I was praised by a woman in a car for my whistling, or when others have said nice things about my hair in other situations, but this really felt like something more. The end effect was a feeling of tremendous elatedness, and while that was bound to pass, I'll always have the memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?