Thursday, August 22, 2013

Nothing Serious

I'm rather upset with myself as I write this. There are things you ought to know about yourself by the time you get to a certain age, and I don't know about of those things. One of those is what size clothes I need. When I was younger, I was under the impression I was a size large for t-shirts. A few years ago, it became evident to me that I was more of a medium, and I congratulated myself for ascending to that level of maturity.

After a while, I started to think that the medium shirts were rather baggy on me, and that I was really more of a size small. I started seeking those out, and I had one that I liked a lot. It seemed to fit well. It was a black shirt with a white illustration of a cow looking at a duck and thinking about a duck. I liked that shirt, and even relished the inevitability of people seeing that illustration and not getting it. It was a good shirt.

I say was because I've decided I really can't wear it. It's just too small. It's too tight across the chest and in the sleeves. I wish I would have realized it was too small before I'd gotten it, let alone before I'd bought four more shirts that size. Happily, I spent maybe ten dollars buying all but one. That one costed me fifteen dollars, and that one I regret. I also regret buying the one which said it was something like a "girly large". I figured that had to be close to my size, and maybe even larger. It was even tighter than the others.

Now I'm back to thinking I'm a medium. This is a back and forth that has been all in my head, since I don't think I've fluctuated in weight so very much. The ups and downs there have not really gone beyond what could be accounted for by water weight. I guess I'm glad for the awareness. I could have bought more too-small shirts, and now more shirts are available to me now that I'm again looking for mediums instead of smalls. So goes the mundane life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?