Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Too Good

As I write this, I am admiring my hair. It looks really good today, which makes me glad. It also frustrates me tremendously, for multiple reasons. I try every day to shower and get dressed as though something will happen. The idea is that things are more likely to happen when you're ready for them, but nothing necessarily will happen. When my hair is just perfect, I suddenly really want things to happen, but if they don't I feel like this great hair day is wasted.

I didn't do anything really different today, which is where the frustration really originates. If I knew how to duplicated it, that would be different. I showered, I conditioned without using shampoo, I put my contacts in and then I applied some deep shine oil before picking the hair out. After waiting a while, I further fluffed the hair with my fingers. That's when I noticed how good it looked. I entertained the idea of taking a picture, but it seems that only professionals can capture it adequately.

I advised the world of how good my hair looked (via Facebook), stating that I might have to make evening plans purely to exploit this stroke of luck. This was a popular sentiment with Facebook friends. Whether anything happens or not, I suspect that I will resist going to bed as long as I can just because that will ruin the hair. I'd love to take a nap, but I just can't bring myself to say goodbye to these awesome curls.

I just have to solve the mystery of how to make this happen consistently. Most days it is all right, but that is all that it is. When I can make it perfect whenever I want to, I will be able to ruin it with a nap or stay in instead of going out to let people see it. Then I will be the boss of the hair, rather than the hair being my boss. Even being subjugated by my own hair is fine considering how the hair is, but to turn the tables would make me king.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?