Friday, November 1, 2013

Golden Age Of Dreams

I have, as I think I may have said, been tired all of the time lately. It's difficult to account for, and I hope it will pass, but one interesting positive has been an increased propensity for remembering my dreams. A friend says that this is common when one is very tired. All I am certain of is that I never manage to remember my dreams, except that sometimes I wake with just a hint of a wisp of one. There is not even even to begin articulating it.

That has not been true lately. I have recorded at least the bare bones of six dreams that I have had in the past week or less. I would have killed for this back in college when I was supposed to keep a dream journal. I believe I got through that assignment with theft of dreams from my roommate and outright lies. It seemed fair when the alternative was failing through no fault of my own. Ought I have been punished for then being well-rested?

Impressively, I have even managed to record multiple dreams from the same night. It was only two, but there stands a record that I would enjoy breaking. Sure, this may be nothing compared to the findings of scientists who study these things for a living- that is to say, what I can learn from my own dreams is probably out there to be learned without going to any trouble- but I can take no pride in their achievements. What I have been putting down in my legal pad are my achievements.

In the next few days, I shall offer what I managed to write of the dreams in the moments after waking in the morning. I shall also try my hand at discerning meaning. I may make an effort to protect the identities of people I know who appear in the dreams under rather private circumstances, but as I have less than no expectation of them ever learning of this blog's contents, that effort will likely be half-assed. I do hope you'll enjoy it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?