Thursday, November 14, 2013

On The Go

Something that I sometimes do is to grab something something to eat while I am on my way someplace. I guess most people do, this being a society that has consistently trimmed time away from conventional meals eaten in the home. Anyway, I'll stop off at a fast food place and pick up a few items from the "value menu" and eat them as I walk the rest of the way to my destination. This sometimes works out nicely and sometimes does not.

I like what they have at Jack In The Box all right. There I'll go for a chicken sandwich, a burger and a couple of tacos. They're lethal, of course, but hot and filling. The sandwiches are the easiest thing to eat while moving. The tacos are tougher, I think because you have to tilt your head to bite them. You can bite the sandwiches while facing forward and watching where you are going. Also, the sandwiches hold together better.

At Wendy's it is a similar story, more or less. They have a baked potato that is good but impossible to eat on the go. Their sandwiches are good. Also good are the sandwiches at the grocery store I go to- not the more expensive and ample cold cut sandwiches, but the fish and chicken sandwiches they sometimes offer. Regrettably, these are sold on a very inconsistent basis, and I have not seen them in a while. That's a divergence from my main point, as they aren't part of a value menu anyway.

The worst value menu I've experienced so far is at Taco Bell. This is not so bad maybe, as their food is very cheap to begin with, but their value menu items are almost all above a dollar, except for very insubstantial or unappealing items. They are also difficult items to eat on the go, since the tacos have that head-tilting problem and the burritos come apart all too easily. This was a disappointment, but on the whole I'd say the general idea is good in principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?