Monday, November 11, 2013

Temporary Switch

I have lately been drinking coffee again after having nothing but tea for a while. The thing was that I had a big canister of coffee in the freezer, and I was getting tired of that. I thought that I should just drink it finally instead of buying box after box of tea and skipping something that was already at home. Making space in the freezer is also obviously a draw. I am now nearly done with the coffee,  for which I am glad.

My tastes have changed some. I either don't like the taste of coffee any more, or I can't stand the taste of the cheapest coffee on the market anymore. Buying a slightly better than the worst brand could be a way of finding out for sure, but I'm not really into committing myself even to a single coffee at a shop somewhere to get answers like that. It may happen sooner or later, but I'm not going to rush it. These things must happen organically, and I don't mean they must involve organic coffee.

I had somehow forgotten how much work it is to make a pot of coffee and pour a cup. I have to throw out yesterday's grinds, put in a new filter, pour four scoops of coffee into it, clean out the carafe, fill it to the fourth hashmark, empty that water into the main tank, replace the carafe and turn the machine on. I then have to wait a few minutes, pour some coffee into a mug, then add creamer and sugar. It's funny to think that making tea seemed like it would be an involved process.

Tea is blissfully simple by comparison. You fill the kettle with water, let it boil, pour some water into a mug with a teabag in it, wait five minutes, then extricate the teabag and add a small amount of creamer and sugar. I will unquestionably return to tea once the coffee is gone. I already have bought the tea, but I'm staying strong and seeing the can of coffee through to the bitter end and making a face at the taste of every bitter cup of coffee until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?