Friday, January 10, 2014

Throw It Together

If you're a devoted reader, that's an extremely pleasant surprise, but more importantly, it means that you would be aware today's post went out late. I hope I didn't spoil anyone's day with that. I am a touch scattered, this being my birthday week. I did mention that yesterday, so I'll quickly summarize by saying that birthdays have grown increasingly tough and planning any kind of celebration is almost beyond my ability entirely.

I finally got on the ball yesterday, selecting a reasonable restaurant to start the evening off with. I had been there a few years before and remembered liking it. They make a big deal of their "Crack Bacon", which I do remember as being good. I got the BLT on that occasion. Maybe the weather will be nice enough that we can sit outside. That ought to burn those of you who live in cold weather regions (if there is anyone reading this who lives in such places).

The main reason I picked that restaurant, apart from it being decent, is that it's located conveniently near the venue for a burlesque show I decided I would like to see. Really I was grasping at straws as to some kind of entertainment, and I just vaguely thought how I like pole dancing and burlesque, so I looked to see what shows would be happening tonight. Sure enough, a well-regarded Star Wars-themed burlesque show was scheduled. That sounded fine to me.

Of course, this remains in the future, so we will just see how well it all goes. For now, I'm very pleased that I came up with anything and that anyone said they would go at such short notice, but even I, having never read "Of Mice And Men" or whatever it is the author got the title from, know what happens to the best laid plans of mice and men. Let me tell you, there have definitely been better laid plans than this, so let's just hope it's a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?