Saturday, February 8, 2014

Assorted Activities

This past Thursday, like the Thursday before it, was an eventful one for me. It began with an audition. It was an absurdly easy one, so if I get the part, it will be because I was born to play it. It was purely based on looks, to the point that it might have been for a print ad instead of a TV commercial, and they hardly needed to have me physically come in. I didn't mind so much, since the audition was one of maybe three to take place in my own neighborhood.

I didn't have plans after that, but because I was in and out of the audition so quickly, I reasoned that I ought to go to my Toastmasters meeting as I would have if the audition had not come up. The best and only way to reach the meeting in a reasonable amount of time was to walk, as I have plenty of times in the past. I actually made the meeting on time, and it was a good one. They say it's good to have an activity to take your mind off an audition right after it happens, and so I was well taken care of on that score this time.

My big contribution to the meeting was in Table Topics, where I was called upon to play the role of a 1930s gangster who must convince his brethren to go from crime to charity. I think I carried that out as credibly as could be expected- certainly I doubt if anyone present might have done better- but I wound up losing Best Table Topics to someone who was asked to report something kind a stranger had done for her. Not having any such thing to report, she went all in on a very anti-social line of commentary. I would have done the same thing.

The day was not yet over at that time, including another day of attempting to write Twitter jokes for "@Midnight", a suddenly popular show that runs "Hashtag War" games. I fear I may need to reign in my activities in this area, since I have probably already lost followers do to my prodigious tweeting while the game is underway. It's funny that I should now be on this side of it, since I began hating the proliferation of the same tweets before I got into it. In any event, that capped off the bulk of my Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?