Monday, February 17, 2014

Training A Camera On Who?

I saw something unusual on the subway last night. Maybe this already begins to sound like something you've read a thousand times from me alone, but there just is no end to the weird stuff that happens there. This time, there was something old and something new. I'll just take it in the order that it came. I was heading home from Top Story Weekly, the show I regularly submit news jokes to. This time I got four in.

I was feeling a mixture of the happiness from that achievement and the anxiety of having been in crowds of people as I descended into the subway station, where I saw signs warning of some kind of filming going on. That isn't the first time I've seem filming going on at such a place, but not like this. The signs purported to be a kind of waiver. If one didn't want to appear in whatever this was, the only recourse was to not use the train.

I didn't see any cameras going, but I did see a lot of what looked to be crew members. First there were guys going up and down the escalators. There were others around a craft service table. Finally, there were more down on the platform. The platform also held what looked like a lot of wardrobe stuff, which many innocent (if ignorant) people assumed to be some kind of rummage sale. Crew members disabused them of that notion. God only knows why they'd think that. There were other items that hinted at some kind of show whose nature I can't fathom.

Finally the train came and I was on my way. I began to feel as if I was the subject of some kind of show. A guy came around playing music on his guitar. He had multiple tattoos on his head. A guy insisted on encouraging and paying him, though he didn't look like he could spare the money. Two different guys were circulating and selling food. These are not allowed activities, but they happen, if not always concurrently and at such a level. I was at this time extremely eager to get home. After obtaining something to eat, I did so, and the night came to a merciful close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?