Monday, March 10, 2014

Stay Where I Am

I am still in Jamaica, and I can only assume (writing this in advance) that I am having a great time. Maybe the things I have anticipated have come to pass, maybe they haven't, and maybe there are things I never imagined that happened instead. There's one thing that I'm sure of happening though, and that's that I will surely have had difficulty in leaving behind all of my life in Los Angeles. That's just how I am.

Writing all of these posts before I left made it so I had that much less to take my mind about from where I am on this trip, of course. I regret that I will probably not forget all my cares and worries so easily, though. There have been domestic concerns that I fear will invade my thoughts, although that is a fear which may melt away when I am no longer physically in my realm of domesticity. Really, Jamaica's charms must surely be strong enough to overcome even my worrying.

Will Jamaica let me forget even the good things about back in LA? Perhaps my dear friends there will find their thoughts wandering to me and what I'm doing, little knowing that the same is happening for me. It's funny that I should pine for the things that I have all the time thousands of miles away, when for just a few days I have things right by me that I may never have again in life. What can I say? I'm a home body.

The thing that may help me disengage will be technology. I've done a little investigation about the ability to use my phone and laptop, and while I think I may be able to access the internet (if not the main functions of my phone that will be affected by international roaming charges), I expect that there will be little time to. Perhaps at the end of the day, when left alone for the night, I will be able to check in, but probably for most of every day, I will have no choice but to dive into where I'm at and forget everywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?