Saturday, April 5, 2014

Throwing Shades

A while ago, I lost my sunglasses. I don't recall the details about it, except that I was mildly upset (since they were very cheap, but slightly difficult to locate). The place where I found them only sometimes has them there, and I couldn't be bothered to go over and check, so instead I kept wearing bad sunglasses that I had on hand in a props and costume box I have. They were not stylish at all, let alone stylish in the way that the ones I had were.

The ideal sunglasses for me, I feel are mirrored aviators. That's what I lost, and that's the only thing that was going to suffice for me in the end. They fit the look I have, and they occupy a lot of space on what I regard to be an expansive face and forehead. It's no good to have a ton of empty space above glasses of any kind. It's nothing you notice when the face is unadorned, but it's pretty glaring under any other conditions. I've just got to have big frames.


Then my dear mother took it upon herself to send over the very sort of sunglasses that I'm fond of, which shows how well she knows me. I was excited enough that in spite of having no really good opportunities to wear sunglasses, I spent much of that day wearing them anyway, indoors and at night. I don't really regret that, though I did stumble around straining to see things, and I may have looked silly. At least I felt cool, anyway.

I also spent a lot of time taking pictures and having people take pictures of me in those shades. It's hard to photograph mirrored shades, of course. If you don't have a special filter, there's little you can do but let the camera appear in the shades or else take pictures at an angle. You can't take pictures straight on, which is a real shame. You'd think there'd somehow be a good way of doing it, but I don't really know of one. Anyway, I have the shades, if not any great pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?