Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Still Tea

The improv fest goes on, but naturally I have other things going on in my life. I was, as I wrote yesterday's post, spacing out in hopes of finding inspiration. My eyes settled on what was in front of me, and I lazily resigned myself to write about what I saw, which was my tea cup. It had come from IKEA, and it's a dainty thing. I hadn't used it much was I was mainly drinking coffee, but it is showing signs of heavy use now.

I've drunk a few hundred cups of tea, I would guess. There were five cups and saucers, but there are now only two of the cups. I know how one of them went away- when a roommate broke the handle- but the others are a mystery to me. I know I didn't break them, but why fall into recriminations? Things break and are replaced. At least I still have the saucers. Maybe I can find new cups that fit the old saucers.

I have not explored much in the way of different teas, I must admit. Mostly I have bought the bottom rung tea from the grocery store. They make no big promises about the flavor, or about it being any such thing as organic or free trade. For all I know, these aren't even proper tea leaves that they've made it from. It's got plenty of caffeine, though. Really, the few other teas I've tried have been all too flavorful, which can get in the way up pumping that stimulant into yourself.

I still have had a mind to escalate my tea drinking, but I think that my tastes as far as that goes may never be truly discriminating enough to warrant spending the money on such things as fine teas, or the little metal ball meant for loose tea leaves. I like doing things in an authentic fashion generally, but what of the times when I'm only doing the authentic thing because that's what I know it is and not because it means anything to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?