Wednesday, July 23, 2014

"Who Own The Chiefs?"

After the fake-out opening of "Friday The Thirteenth Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan", we come back to familiar ground, which is to say Crystal Lake. We meet a couple of horny teenagers getting into it aboard a boat. That's a novel locale for the series, which I don't think had previously employed any boat larger than a canoe. Unfortunately, since the bulk of this film takes place aboard a boat, the novelty is ill-timed. Like I said yesterday, it's par for the course.

Indeed, the two teens are supposed to be join the other kids on this cruise to New York, so this ought to be as odd for them as it is for us. Assuming that they regularly have access to this boat, you have to wonder why, of all nights, they would use it the night before they get on a boat that I think is supposed to take days to reach its destination (although the distance of Crystal Lake from New York is ill-defined). If I were them, I'd spend the night on land.

Something I keep thinking about is how they came by the boat. Teenagers, by and large, cannot afford to buy motor-powered pleasure crafts large enough to contain sleeping quarters. Certainly I couldn't have bought a boat then, nor could I buy a boat now. One of these kids could be rich, I guess, but it would be awfully nice if they said something to establish that. They don't, though, and so I am left to go on wondering about it.

The really logical thing would be that one of them has borrowed the boat from their parents, with or without permission. In the absence of any information , that is what I have to assume. At least I don't think there's any information to prove or disprove any theory you might form on how it is that two graduating high school seniors could be alone to have sex aboard a small yacht. Heaven knows I've seen the film enough times that you'd think I'd have picked up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?